Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Before the Maths tests

I think the kids will do well - especially the Year 5s. I predict that the divisions will still be a problem for some of them. I'm thinking that kids really don't know how to practice their basic facts by themselves. Maybe Mathletics would help. They could access that from home. Many schools swear by it. I don't know if it's much different from the other web based programmes such as Tut Pup. I can't really devote any more Maths time to learning basic facts, but it certainly holds the kids up if they don't know them. Every topic - including fractions when they are using multiplication to find a fraction of a set.

Some kids are grumpy today. More so than I've seen this lot, who are normally kind, considerate and very positive. It's not as if it's been rainy for days and I certainly haven't felt grumpy - it can transfer, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment